Suspension upgrades

Instead of stressing about ride height, spring rates, damper settings and suspension issues I bit the bullet and spent some cash today. Many thanks to Mark at Gaz Shocks who made me up a set of coilovers (I won't worry too much about the spring rates being wrong on the back). The Gaz Gold coilovers are height adjustable and the springs are easy to change. The dampers can be adjusted for stiffness but the ratio between bump and rebound is fixed. This should give me less camber, proper ride height and less roll. I'll fit them tomorrow and they'll be on the car when I do some testing.

I also need to thank Tony at Compbrake for the fast postage on these eccentric top mounts which look really well made and I hope will go straight into the turrets without any fuss. I'll fit these tomorrow as well. Compbrake supply race spec brake calipers, discs and other ancillaries and seem like a very professional outfit.

Spring rates are 550 front, 250 rear. I ordered 275 but I'll see how I get on with the 250 for now.

Here's a front leg, back leg and eccentric top mount:
gaz gold cosworth eccentric top mounts


Contacts:
Tony @ Compbrake www.compbrake.com 077702 10881

Mark @ Gaz Shocks www.gaz-shocks.co.uk 01268 724585

0 comments:

Post a Comment