Small jobs

I replaced the cone style air filter intake with the standard Ford airbox with a K&N panel filter. I also rigged up a cold air feed from in front of the intercooler using a flexible alloy ribbed pipe and gaffer tape. This should ensure that the engine is fed with cooler air. Here's the aftermarket air filter, now removed. The second shot shows the engine bay with the Ford airbox in place. Note the cheap and cheerful adjustable strut brace:
cossie air filter

airbox engine bay cosworth

I have also decided to go back to original size wheels. For now this means using the Sapphire Lattice alloys that I have. Maybe when I have some spare cash I'll buy a set of Pro Race 1 wheels in the same diameter and offset. These are not in great condition so job one was to put them in the dishwasher. I'm planning on painting these dark grey before I fit them.
sapphire alloy cosworth

0 comments:

Post a Comment